HRP Mamas Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
The Sex, Sexuality, and Consent Dialogue - At Any Age
Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 8:00 PM until 9:30 PM
VIRTUAL LIVE WORKSHOPS
Payment In Full In Advance Only
PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR THIS EVENT TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INFO ON THE ZOOM WEB VIDEO CONFERENCE SIGN-UP LINK.
THE SEX, SEXUALITY, AND CONSENT DIALOGUE - AT ANY AGE
This workshop is aimed at empowering parents - and by consequence their children - with guidance on how to navigate talking about sex, sexuality and consent, in age appropriate ways.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, Dr. Levkoff will provide parents with tools to approach this topic in a healthy way - with clarity and comfort.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
• Establishing a dialogue with children about boundaries and body safety - at any age
• How to answer your children's questions about sex and sexuality in a factual and sex positive way
• How to feel empowered as a parent when tackling topics that relate to sex &sexuality with your children
• How to teach your children to develop a healthy understanding of sexuality
• How parents can become the person a child comes to with those difficult questions
• How to help your children make sense of the sex filled and often confusing messages that stem from media
• How to talk to children and teens about issues in the news that relate to sex, sexual abuse and consent
Dr. Logan Levkoff is an internationally renowned sexologist and sexuality educator with an expertise in childhood and adolescent sexuality and parent-child communication about sex. She designs and implements sexed programs in schools across the country. She has served on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT). She lives in TriBeCa with her husband, son, and daughter. She is the author of: "Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media, and Other Adolescent Realities," and "Third Base Ain't What it Used to be". For more info on Dr. Levkoff please see: www.loganlevkoff.com