Workshop & Lecture Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
An Evening with Prof. Tovah Klein on her book "How Toddlers Thrive"
Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014, 6:45 PM until 8:00 PM
Downtown Community Center
120 Warren Street
New York, NY 10007
We do not offer refunds for Workshops, classes, lectures, events. Please let us know if you need to cancel so we may free up your spot for someone else.
Registrants & Fees
HOW TODDLERS THRIVE: What Parents Can Do Today for Children Ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success
Prof. Tovah Klein
Director of the Barnard College Center for Toddler Development
"HOW TODDLERS THRIVE" distills decades of Prof. Klein's experience with parents and children ages 2-5 into a book that gives parents the tools they need to enjoy their interactions with their toddlers, and at the same time sow the seeds for a lifetime of success. Dr Klein will discuss how parents can:
* Understand the often-mystifying aspects of toddler behavior
* Shift perspective to view the world from your child's point-of-view
* Create clear routines, limits and boundaries
* Interact in ways that help you through the day to day struggles
* Ensure that your toddler receives the kinds of attention, guidance and interactions they need at this unique window in their lives to develop the crucial lifelong skills of resilience, self-reliance, self-regulation and empathy and compassion
Dr Klein's book aims to help parents "crack the toddler code" of every day behaviors that offer the opportunity to lay down a solid, lifelong foundation, including practical advice ("What to Do") so that parents can troubleshoot day-to-day challenges and guide and support their children into becoming the person they are meant to be.
About Prof. Tovah Klein:
Prof. Tovah Klein, director of the Barnard College Center for Toddler Development, has spent the last two decades studying the psychology of two- to five-year-olds. Her new book, "HOW TODDLERS THRIVE What Parents Can Do Today for Children Ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong", offers parents and educators a window into this unique part of childhood.